Requires completion of “Occlusion in Everyday Dentistry”
72 CE Hours
Location: Denver Tech Dentistry – 8181 E Tufts Ave, Suite 550, Denver, CO 80237
- To Be Determined Following 2021 OED course
Four 2 day weekends, Hands-on with your patients
One Team Member: Included
What you will Learn:
- Why centric relation is so important, and common sense methods for recording it
- How to identify and manage commonly encountered TMJ disorders
- Mandibular manipulation techniques
- Utilization of occlusal instrumentation
- Use of several different types of occlusal appliances, including direct and indirect splints, and cosmetic splints
- How to take a patient through occlusal appliance therapy
- How to get your patients out of the occlusal appliance and still keep them stable and comfortable
- Implementation of occlusal principles into your practice
- How to properly equilibrate the natural dentition
Topics to be covered:
- How to properly complete and document an occlusal and TMJ examination
- How to fabricate and manage a direct centric relation occlusal appliance
- How to fabricate and manage an indirect centric relation occlusal appliance
- How to fabricate and manage a cosmetic centric relation occlusal appliance
- How to fabricate and manage an anterior jig
- How to fabricate and manage a TMJ disc recapturing appliance
- Accurately mounting cast on an articulator
- How to accurately, predictably, and safely equilibrate the natural dentition
- Use of jaw tracking devices
- Phase 1 occlusal therapy
- Basic Phase 2 occlusal therapy
Cancellation received 30 days prior to course receives full refund less $250. Cancellations after with 30 days of course, full refund less $875.
IPSO is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
IPSO designates this course for 72 hours of continuing education credit.
Presenters have received no outside support, financial or otherwise, for this program, nor have any other associations that pose a conflict of interest.